Kingdom Season 3 is all set to be released on the following date, Scroll down to know more about Kingdom Season 3 Release Date, Spoilers, Raw Scans, Recap of Kingdom Season 2, And More.
Kingdom Season 3: About the Show
- The kingdom is a Korean web series that is premiered on Netflix and was released in 2019. Its first season was premiered on 25 Jan 2019.
- While the second season was premiered in 2020, the storyline about a society-killing plague, resonated with the people.
- Categorized under the horror genre, this series has garnered an extremely affirmative review from the audience.
- With a current IMDb rating of 8.4 and a 96% rating on rotten tomatoes, this series is guaranteed to leave you yearning for more.
- While it’s Netflix’s first original Korean series.
- It is a South Korean political period horror thriller written by Kim Eun-hee and directed by Kim Seong-hun.
- The series has been inspired by the webcomic series The Kingdom of the Gods, which was authored by Kim Eun-hee and drawn by Yang Kyung-il.
- Following the extremely positive response from the viewers, Netflix renewed it for a second season which was premiered on March 13, 2020.
- A special episode of the series, titled “Kingdom: Ashin of the North“, is set for release in 2021 and will be focusing on a supporting character.
- It will be a sequel from Kingdom season two and a backstory about the mysterious character Lee Chang’s group encountered on their journey north to discover the origins of the infected.
- With a screen time of 35-56 minutes per episode, it’s produced under the production of Lee Sung-Joon.
Kingdom Season 3: Spoilers
- Firstly, the kingdom is set during Korea’s Joseon period, three years after the famous Unpo Wetland Battle.
- Where 500 Korean soldiers, lead by Governor Ahn Hyeon, defeated an army of 30,000 Japanese invaders.
- This was achieved by using the resurrection plant, which turned the diseased Sumang villagers into ferocious zombies.
Kingdom Season 3: Recap
The first season: follows the story of Crown Prince Lee Chang and his subordinates, who stumble across an unnatural plague that resurrects the dead amidst his investigation of a brewing political conspiracy and rumors of the King of Joseon’s death.
- Amidst the chaos and death that ensues,
- Chang meets allies who try to make a stand in the city-state before it spreads further into the province.
- Only to discover that the plague has already adapted.
season 2: The second season picks up during Lee Chang’s struggle to save his people from the spread of the plague and his dynasty from the machinations of the powerful Haewon Cho clan who hides a sinister secret.
- And while the final episode ended on a cliffhanger, the chances are, it’ll significantly expand the story.
Kingdom Season 3: Cast
- Ju Ji-hoon as Lee Chang
- Bae Doona as Seo-bi
- Kim Sung-kyu as Yeong-shin
- Jeon Seok-ho as Cho Beom-pal
- Ryu Seung-ryong as Lord Cho Hak-ju
- Kim Hye-jun as Queen Consort Cho
- Kim Sang-ho as Mu-yeong
- Heo Joon-ho as Lord Ahn Hyeon.
Kingdom Season 3: Release Date
There is no official date announced by Netflix but according to the sources it is possible to be released by the end of 2021.
In conclusion, We hope now you know all about Kingdom Season 3 Release Date and all about its character. However,